What I learned on February 1, 2021

What I learned 
 February 1, 2021 

     The start of February initiates the start of black history month. Today we went over a poem by Langston Hughes that is called "The Negro Speaks of Rivers". I learned from the poem many forms of rhetoric that was used to bring his writings to life. For example when he used similes ,'' My soul has grown deep like the rivers.'' Another example of rhetoric is when he use personification ,''I heard the singing of the Mississippi when Abe Lincoln went down to New Orleans''. Lastly what I took from todays lesson was the importance on who our history shapes and affects  us till this day.


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection May 20,2021 ( 5 DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT)

Reflectin May 17,2021 (7 days of school left)

FINAL BLOG POST